After giving it some thought after a previous video, I think I finally know what I want to do with Masquerade (both the book and the card game that is).
Basically, if you're too lazy to watch the video here's the general plan:
1. Design the art for the card- Including the card backs and maybe logos
2. Begin a kickstarter on Kickstart.com for the card game- This will build the game's popularity and pave the way to step three.
3. Get Masquerade printed- Have a real deck of the card game
4. Advertisement the card game on the Champlain College campus
5. Send the card game to other colleges- Talk to friends online who go to other schools and have them play the game with friends to spread popularity
6. Join a game convention and market the card game- Buy a table and pitch the game to a wide audience who may appreciate the game!
7. Reach out to publishers with both the card game and the book
The overarching goal is to bring the game and the book to someone who might be interested in selling both together! How often do you find a book inspired by a card game, after all?
So what do you guys think? Is this all possible? I certainly hope so!